Thursday, August 7, 2008

THOSE BEES ARE AWESOME

I am so excited to tell you about the wonders of these tiny creatures.
Actually that very statement about bees being awesome was made by two of my grandchildren about 7 years ago. The girls were visiting with me for a few days. I had just removed a clay pan filled with our supper from a 450 degree oven and placed it on the counter. The younger of the two raised up on tiptoe and tried to look into the pan. In doing so she caught her tiny chin on the edge of the pan. There was an immediate blister and a howl of pain. I quickly grabbed my jar of raw honey and scooped some into my hand and rested her chin in it. Within seconds she had stopped crying and became still. Shortly there after she said to me, it doesn't hurt anymore Grandma. We proceeded with dinner and as we sat at the table I noticed that the blister had disappeared. I applied more honey at the end of the meal and by bedtime the burn was but a bright pink spot without pain. As I applied another few drops of honey the girls and I talked about how the bees had made this honey for us, causing them both to joyfully exclaim-THOSE BEES ARE AWESOME. By morning the spot where the burn had been was barely visible.
I have had many more opportunities to feel that way as I have personally witnessed the incredible healing powers of honey. From a deep leg ulcer that would not heal, to a set of fingers cut to the bone in the slats of a garage door, to multiple gashes and burns I have seen honey heal deeply and quickly without medical intervention and leaving no scars.
Without question, honey is the best salve for bee and insect stings.
I have much more to share with you about this nectar from heaven in the days ahead.

No comments: